Our strict, methodical installation process for flat metal roofs ensures the Multi-Dex system is as effective as possible for your building.
For more information on this or a free on-site inspection, feel free to contact us.
Step 1: Boarding
- Clean and prepare your roof for new waterproofing.
- Supply and fit a 25mm insulation 16 dv Multi-Board to the existing roof.
- Supply and fit a 3.2mm support board onto the insulation panels.
- Made from 16 DV (Density Volume) polystyrene board.
- Class B1 fire retardant material (DIN4102 tested).
- Offers a 10°C differential in ambient temperature
- 100% sound insulation from weather-noise.
Step 2: Flashing
- The gutter overhang is cut back and we fit a 90 degree metal flashing.
Step 3: Torch on
- Using a fusion/gas weld application method, we torch on the Multi-Dex approved 4mm waterproofing torch-on system (Derbigum or Derbit), with 75mm overlaps and 100mm cross-laps as per specification.
- Waterproofing system is then cut, dressed and sealed into outlets.
Multi-dex approved 4mm Membrane features:
- High-performance synthetic fibre dual-reinforced (polyester and glass).
- Polymer modified-bitumens coated.
- UV degradation and heat shock resistant, for extreme durability.
- Only fire rated torch-on system in the industry
Step 4: Sealing off
- Seal off the system by torching-on the 4mm waterproofing system onto the parapet walls, 75mm cross laps and gutter junctions
Step 5: Coating
- Apply a specially formulated acrylic aluminium coat to the entire system, to maximise UV stabilisation and ensure its longevity.